Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My Xara website

Default My Xara website

There's still a lot to do, especially how the heck I get a Magic Edit Pro movie into the web site and get it to work properly, but I've had fun getting it this far.

I'm particularly pleased with the running greyhound (my first proper go at animation.

Would love your comments, both Pro and Con

Here it is www.emmamartin.net

Emma

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: My Xara website

Hi Emma, I like the greyhound animation, that's very well done.

However, I found the site navigation confusing and the header piece doesn't give your site a pleasing look. The bright green page background also may be a bit too much. Think clean and simple. Most of your pages are well laid out, but the home page is a bit too busy. As for your questions about embedding movies you may get more answers if you ask about that in the Xara web design chat area. Keep working at it you are doing well, Xara gives you the ability to experiment to your hearts content!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: My Xara website

Simple is always better. Less is always more.

I'll lose the animated EM.

On the positive side. You have done a lot of work and I bet you have learned a ton of stuff you never knew before.

Thumbs up Re: My Xara website

Thanks guys for the realistic comments. I'm afraid I always get a bit carried away when it comes to web sites! Xara does make it far too easy to add all sort of bits and bobs.

I will take your advice and try to make it a bit cleaner and easier to follow ... and Yes I have learned a heck of a lot while making it.

I did post to Xwebdesign and am following up a suggestion that's been made.

Thanks again for your comments ... They are appreciated.

Emma