Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

After you have created the blend with the spikes, select the blend then Ctrl Select one of the end lines, then click the control bar icon to flip the line and "wahlah" you have it.
    Respectfully,
    Graham

On the theory that this works with a single line, I tried it with two L-shaped lines and then tried a variety of Profile shapes.

Cool concept John.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	variation_L.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	13888  

I did this animation using John's brush (I used curved lines instead of straight lines) then adjusted the spacing by 10 each time. It's a 16 colour gif for file download reasons, but looks better at 256 colour

Egg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This is another variation of the brush. The brush shape is in the centre. The image left is the brush applied to a circle / cloned / reduced to 25% and the 2 circles blended. The one on the right is basically the same but another brush was created by applying a 50% bleach transparency.
    Egg

Name:	!!kliadascope2.gif 
Views:	484 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	5687  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This one was created using the brush shape from above, cloned / moved horizontally / 100% transparency applied. ./ 10 step blend applied / change to shapes / ungrouped .

Create brush

Then aplly to 2 circles and blend.

Name:	!!kliadascope3.gif 
Views:	465 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	9286  
    Egg

When you draw the two lines, the "plus" cursor indicates that it is in fact one line.
    So take the Shape Editor, click the corner-node and break at points.
    Then you can blend from one line to another.
    Then CTRL-select the bottom-line and flip it.

It didn't work for me either before I used "break".

Name:	brush.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	4883  

All these images are completely mind-blowing, especially before breakfast on a Sunday morning! - Penny

John,

I know that you are able to do very interesting things with geometric brushes. I appreciate particularly your "add and break" square idea!

Please, continue!

ivan

Hi John
    I followed the creation of the brush successfuly, but i could not get the final look.
    what and how to do Brush To Circle & Brush To Sqaure.

Hi Aj,

Probably the quickest way to see how to do this is download my .XAR file from above.

What I did was (after creating the brush stroke) draw circle and a square and then click on the freehand/brush tool and select the geo-brush stroke from the drop down menu in the Info Bar. Then press the edit brush button and change the spacing properties (make the spacing smaller). When playing with the spacing slider, do it SLOWLY.

With my file, select a square and then play with the brushes spacing. I think you'll see what I mean.

Joh