Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default exporting movies from Magix edit pro 17 Plus to Xara Designer Pro X

Hi folks,

I've been trying to include a short video onto one of my websites. The video was created in Magix EP17. Initially I tried exporting it as a MPEG4 file ... This seemed to work well when I ran it a 'preview current web page, but when I exported and piublished the website it just showed up as a slightle darker square on the background.

I've tried it in explorer, chrome, firefox and safari and all produce the same result.

The problem page is www.emmamartin/fallout

Any advice would be a real help as I'm beginning to loose the will to live.

Thanks

Emma

p.s. Maybe I'll take the dogs for a walk in the fens to clear my head ... It's misty and 'orrible out there. Looks like a good day to take some piccies.

Default Re: exporting movies from Magix edit pro 17 Plus to Xara Designer Pro X

Oops. The problem webpage is www.emmamartin.net/fallout

Sorry about the mistake

Not having a good day today ....

Proble page is www.emmamartin.net/fallout.htm

Hi Scucca, the video file(fallout.mp4) is not present on your server(at least not in the right directory) using an FTP program upload it to your home directory ie. the same place fallout.htm is :-)

Hi James, Thanks for that info. I'll give it a go. It's a shame that Xara is happy to insert the MP4 file and create it's html code but doesn't put it through to the server when you publish it. Maybe I'll suggest it as a mod in the next version ... or dare I say a bug?

Thanks again

Emma
    (scucca)

Um, Had a look using Filezilla and the file fallout.mp4 is there in the default folder. Now I'm totally cofused.

My apologies, I glanced through the code too quickly, fallout.mp4 is referenced correctly
    Code:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle"> <param name="movie" value="default_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/> <param name="flashvars" value="url=fallout.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=false&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=true&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/> <param name="quality" value="high"/> <param name="menu" value="false"/> <script type="text/javascript"> if(!navigator.userAgent.match(/(iPhone|iPod|iPad)/)){document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" "); document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" "); document.write("src=\"default_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=fallout.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=true&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=true&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1\" "); document.write("wmode=\"transparent\" allowScriptAccess=\"sameDomain\" allowFullscreen=\"true\" quality=\"high\" menu=\"false\"/>"); } document.write("\x3cvideo src=\"default_htm_files/fallout.mp4\" controls width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\"/>"); </script> </object>
    It may not have uploaded correctly to the server on publish. Try uploading the original copy using Filezilla to default_html_files folder(either delete or overwrite the current one)

Thanks James. I'll give that a go.

Emma