Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple size favicons

I've seen lots of discussion on the forum for favicons but it all seems to be related to size 16x16px. I can see that Chrome on Android is using larger 64x64px favicons. Can anyone advise these larger size favicons can be included?

Thanks, Paul

Default Re: Multiple size favicons

Check out favicon. It's what we used to use before Xara added the capability.

You create the favicon.ico image then place it in your root directory.

www.favicon.cc is a tool to create 16x16px favicons. Xara can also do this by naming favicon for the selected icon.

It's the larger 64x64x favicons that I'm seeking. I can see these displayed in my Android Chrome Browser bookmarks window.

I have created a 64x64px favicon.ico and placed this in the root directory. This alone has no effect. I've also added

<link rel="icon" sizes="64x64" href="favicon.ico"/> to <head>

This cause the 16x16px favicon to be displayed in the browser tabbed area.

But none of this seems to affect the Android Chrome Browser bookmarks window.

My bad. It's been a while. The application I was thinking of is PNG2ICO http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...onverter.shtml

As I remember this could create an ICO file from any bitmap source and to a variety of sizes.

It's now called Pixillion Image Converter but it will do what you want.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 19 October 2012 at 07:00 PM.

I have experimented with various ICO creation tools and different ICO pixel sizes and have decided to stick with an ICO that has 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 images. I've inserted this using the Xara name=favicon method.

This doesn't cause the large icons to be displayed in Android Google Chrome and I can't see how to make this happen. I hope that the solution to this will come to light in due course.

Thanks for your help with the ICOs.

I've asked Xara to take a look at this thread and to see if there is anything they can suggest to help.

Please check back in a day or two.