Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default PDF import/export screwing up images? Need urgent help please!

Hi everyone

New here and new to Xara. Using Xara Designer Pro X.

I have an existing PDF (this is the only format I have available), which is a company profile document with some images and some text. The images are 3 photographs and 2 logos.

I need to edit the file (not changing anything i.t.o. design, just want to change some of the text content).

When I open the PDF, it seems to import correctly, but one of the photographs appears to be filtered somehow. It almost look like a negative, although if I copy and paste the image to pixlr and make it negative I don't get the original image either, so not 100% sure.

I thought this was just a display issue, but it's not, because if I export the file to PDF (draft quality) that image remains a "negative" of what it was in the original PDF.

If I export the file to PDF in high quality mode (300dpi), it turns ALL the images into negatives (except that the one that's already negative just remains negative).

I've played around with a few options in the export and import processes, but haven't been able to find anything that helps. I'm attaching the original PDF and the end result (this was created by following just 2 steps namely open file in Xara Designer Pro X, then select File => Export and choose the option for high quality, 300 dpi.

Companyprofile201210afterXaraImportExport.pdf
    XpediaCompanyProfile2010forOracle.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by antonbijl; 19 October 2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Add line break between attachments for ease of use