Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tryingto find some "invisible" text after playing with head code

I was playing with a placeholder to put in in a line of head code and I've ended up with a line of text at the very top of a web page - in the body. I actually want to get rid of it but I cannot find it. I have looked through every item on the page. I've tried the find function. What is the best way to find something hidden that shows up in webpage preview? Every hide icon is unchecked. Seems simple but this is nutty. What am I missing? Seems like I've got an invisible item with some "body" code.

Can't post customer code.
    Gary

Default Re: Tryingto find some "invisible" text after playing with head code

You could try windows>>View quality>>Outlines
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    You could try windows>>View quality>>Outlines
    Tried that. No help. What makes this really mysterious is I have hidden all 8 layers - everything on the page and the page looks blank in all view modes. Yet when I preview the page I see one of my layers. I have toggled it on and off and also closed/restarted the application.
    Gary

Unhappy Re: Tryingto find some "invisible" text after playing with head code

Here's what I am seeing in the source - both of the preview page and the exported index page:

link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="index_htm_files/specialeffects.css

This came from when I was playing around with inserting a line of code into the head section in order to link to a special css file. The absence of the opening < and closing > is causing the text to display as the first line of code in the body. I deleted this code but it is still showing up somehow in the head section and displaying in the body because of the bad syntax.

However there is no entry in the WebProperties Head or Body sections - on either the index page or the entire website.

That's flummoxed me ... thought it must show up in the WebProperties dialogue, either Page or Website tabs
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    That's flummoxed me ... thought it must show up in the WebProperties dialogue, either Page or Website tabs
    John - problem resolved. I deleted every page in the site except the one I was having the problem with and then deleted everything I could see to leave a blank page and a pasteboard. I intended to upload. When I deleted the background the words disappeared. I had some code associated with the pasteboard. Thought I had hidden that layer too when I was searching for it but I must not have. Not easy to find if you do that by accident.
    Gary

Glad you got it sorted ... and thanks for feedback

If all else fails, that's exactly how I find xar file bugs. Can be tiresome but you will find it in the end
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.