Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Need to change the account settings for Facebook upload?

Hi The first time I wanted to share to Facebook it was to a Facebook Page that had been created and that I had been made administrator for, as the page was relatedto an event that I am helping to promote.

So I selected "share" and from there selected upload to Facebook, I entered the details for this page and tried to up load a "poster" I had created in Xara Designer Pro X, the upload was unsuccessful so I exported the file as a JPEG and used Facebook's own facilities to upload it.

Now I want to try and share directly some images directly from Xara Designer Pro X to my own Facebook profile but cannot find a way to update the details I entered?

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you Vic

Default Re: Need to change the account settings for Facebook upload?

Hi Vic, welcome to TalkGraphics.

I have moved your post to the Xara Web Design Forum where you will receive more assistance.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Vic,

I've been looking into this a bit and I can't see any way currently to change this, so I think the best way currently is to save your images to your hard drive and upload to facebook from there, using Facebook's upload process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi Vic,

I've been looking into this a bit and I can't see any way currently to change this, so I think the best way currently is to save your images to your hard drive and upload to facebook from there, using Facebook's upload process.
    Hi angelize thank you for your response. what you suggest is exactly what I have been forced to do.

If it is not possible to change the settings that does seem to suggest a problem? if someone simply miss types their password when setting up their account in Designer Pro X it would seem that the only way to get this new function working is to totally wipe the application and all settings and re-install hoping not to make a similar mistake? it would also be a problem for me as I use Xara software to create graphics for a couple of Facebook accounts for events which I post as an administrator it would be nice to be able to export these directly from Xara.

A reply I have had from Customer Support, as requested that I make sure that I have typed in the correct details for my Facebook login which would suggest that they know a way of doing this?