Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Perspective Drawing

That is a rather pompous attitude to strike up in a forum which had just answered your first post. I have not seen any abuse thrown at you in this thread and if you are so enthusiastic in the needs of artist to learn perspective values when drawing why not help!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Having switched back to this forum I have noticed the amount of views this topic received and would love to start answering any questions you may have to the best of my ability. One point I must add, when it comes to perspective you have to go through the process of learning the technical part of perspective without fail or you fail.

For the freehand artist it will always seem a daunting way to learn art, but once you have that ability you will be surprise just how much you do not need to ever go back to the technical part again. The technical illustrator will always need to refer back to the technical stuff for a more accurate drawing.

As landscape artist you need to know just where you are and be able to create more depth and understanding to your audience.

Every day you rise from your bed and open your eyes all you see is perspective all around you, so how can you draw without it? OK, we have some talented artists out there but even they make mistakes without seeing the problem.

Every single part of art is covered by perspective drawing skills, even portraits.

so lets hear it for the wonderful world of abstract art.....

actually, as a cartoonist, I distort perspective all the time... sometimes I do it in the drawing as well as the script

Handrawn, that is what perspective is all about. One of the masters we all know was also one of the greatest perspective artist in the world, Pablo Picasso.

I am not contradicting you

The thing is many of us here already know a lot about perspective, so when someone who is new arrives and says they want to tell us all about it one of the first things we need to know is how serious you are.

To be honest so far all we have is opinion - a tutorial a two [of your own of course] would be nice....

I did not think you were contradicting me, if fact if seems you are contradicting yourself by stating many of you know about Perspective yet you are asking for tutorial. I accept that many artists know of perspective but I also know that many do not, I am here to help the ones who would like help in areas of perspective they do not know.

oh come off it - what I mean is that if you know what you are talking about you will be happy to show what you can do - right?

incidently, the only Claroline I know of is the open source LMS - if thats what you are referring to I don't remember anyone posting here before about it, as this is a graphics forum - still you could try off topic... - if you are into eLearning/eWorking I would have thought what I said to be fair enough..

'so when someone who is new arrives and says they want to tell us all about it……' I want to help, not tell anyone all about perspective, please check my post.

The funny thing that happened here regarding Claroline was the reason I landed and joined this site by mistake, I had just started to learn the software and needed help, I have since learned the program and have started to teach perspective online.

I have no intention of advertising my site but it is so in me to teach this subject before I die that I have started a course.

So I repeat, I am here to help, not give lessons.

Perspective is about the most serious thing in my life right now and helping others comes a close second.

okidoki - help is always welcome, but the best way to get a thread going is to present something that we can discuss - that's the way this forum tends to work

best way to help is to monitor the forums and when a perspective question comes up, respond to it

it's certainly possible that members with a perspective problem will ask here, but equally as likely is that they will start a new thread in the forum that corresponds to the software they are using...
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 November 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: tiepos

Thanks for the tip!