Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Perspective Drawing

I would just like to add that the pdf posted can help to give you a working distance but many of such drawings use the CAD method of producing the elevation’s first. This can be a waste of time if you know perspective drawing. The whole idea is to setup your angle of view, your distance from the object and your measuring points.

When doing perspective remember you are working with a picture plane. That means you can place your subject any distance from that picture plane to achieve less distortion in your drawing and keep it within the cone of vision. The kitchen floor! If anyone wishes to produce 3 point please scale first. As in all cases with 3 point perspective you have to scale.

How about a tutorial for how to do this in Xara Designer?

I am new to forum writing but I am finding it very strange. I joined, went to sleep and woke up to find a load of abuse thrown at me! Just read some of the above posts. I became active in the discussion only to find that no one has anything to say, why?

As artists I would have thought perspective drawing, a subject ALL artists should know because without it you fail, yet nothing. Oh well, I tried to help.

That is a rather pompous attitude to strike up in a forum which had just answered your first post. I have not seen any abuse thrown at you in this thread and if you are so enthusiastic in the needs of artist to learn perspective values when drawing why not help!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Having switched back to this forum I have noticed the amount of views this topic received and would love to start answering any questions you may have to the best of my ability. One point I must add, when it comes to perspective you have to go through the process of learning the technical part of perspective without fail or you fail.

For the freehand artist it will always seem a daunting way to learn art, but once you have that ability you will be surprise just how much you do not need to ever go back to the technical part again. The technical illustrator will always need to refer back to the technical stuff for a more accurate drawing.

As landscape artist you need to know just where you are and be able to create more depth and understanding to your audience.

Every day you rise from your bed and open your eyes all you see is perspective all around you, so how can you draw without it? OK, we have some talented artists out there but even they make mistakes without seeing the problem.

Every single part of art is covered by perspective drawing skills, even portraits.

so lets hear it for the wonderful world of abstract art.....

actually, as a cartoonist, I distort perspective all the time... sometimes I do it in the drawing as well as the script

Handrawn, that is what perspective is all about. One of the masters we all know was also one of the greatest perspective artist in the world, Pablo Picasso.