Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Default Can templates be accessed off line?

I would like to access the template gallery off line. Is there a way to download all the templates so that they live on my computer instead of needing to be downloaded as I access them?

It seems that once downloaded an individual template can be used from the template gallery while you are off line. I would find it convenient to download the lot, though.

Nick
    Last edited by Theo; 02 October 2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: To change a bit and add a bit

Default Re: Can templates be accessed off line?

It seems that once downloaded an individual template can be used from the template gallery while you are off line. I would find it convenient to download the lot, though.
    That seems to be the only way with the download version of WDMX. The CD version may contain all the templates.

I tried off my software disk and no luck. Would love to be able to access locally b/c usually during the daytime I'm not able to go online. Only in the late evening. Any way someone from Xara could let us know??

All...

There may be other ways to view the files on the disk off line but the method below works..

How to view your design files on the Xara Web Designer CD

1. Insert your Web Designer Disk and use the Archive program WinRAR to view files on the disk.
    2. Select (double click) the CAB file named _c8ngsqr.cab
    3. This will open a window with some 8420 files listed
    4. Look through the files listed to find the different web files and other files you might want to view
    5. Web pages are named with the word “page” in the title.
    6. Highlight the file you want to view and click on the view button in the WinRAR menu bar at the top.
    7. For example: _alpha_page1.xar_a1nxeegt9a510k0nxzqb7iw
    8. A window will come up which asks you what program you want to use to view the file….Chose the second choice “Select a program from a list of installed programs. And click OK
    9. From the list of program presented choose Web Designer MX Premium ( If you do not see this program in the list use the Browse option to find the program WebDesigner.exe in the folder ( Program Files (x86) if you have a 64 bit computer) or (Program files if you have a 32 bit computer)
    10. Then Find the Xara folder and then open the Xara Web Designer MX Premium folder and select the WebDesigner.exe file. This should add the Web Designer icon to your list of “Open With” programs. Double click on the icon and this will display your chosen file in Web Designer.
    Not very elegant way to get at the files but it works

Waltn

Quote Originally Posted by 11web7 View Post
    I tried off my software disk and no luck. Would love to be able to access locally b/c usually during the daytime I'm not able to go online. Only in the late evening. Any way someone from Xara could let us know??
    I have realised that there is a really tedious work around.

Load each template into the program and save it on to your HD.

It'll take a log time, though!

N

hmmmmm...thanks for the workarounds, but shouldn't we be able to download all (say as a .zip) immediately and store locally? We did all after all "pay" for them and don't pay on a one-off basis when wanting to use one. Thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by 11web7 View Post
    hmmmmm...thanks for the workarounds, but shouldn't we be able to download all (say as a .zip) immediately and store locally? We did all after all "pay" for them and don't pay on a one-off basis when wanting to use one. Thoughts???
    I do agree. I think that it is quite wrong that we should perforce be on the internet to use something conveniently that could so easily be arranged without being on line.

I don't have many grouses about Xara but this is one of them.

Nick