Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which apps do it for yas lately ?

As most know, we have used Wings3D for most modeling duties... and mostly Carrara for scene rendering etc... well, this is a few years later, and we are testing the latest offerings of many an old fav app.. to which you tell me what are you currently testing out?

Default Re: Which apps do it for yas lately ?

Hi James, I am still trying to learn the latest versions of Blender, as well as trying to figure out which raster app I may use on the rare occasion I need something like that. Mostly I use Xara for just about everything. Right now I'm checking out Nexus font. I have trimmed down my font collection keeping only the bare essentials only installing new fonts as I need them.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi.. whoohoo... just downloaded my zBrush 4R4... darn thing is, between work and everybody home after work, there is little space for wrapping my head around this baby yet... Blender... we have been playing around each day some... hmm... still interface design stuff that boggles me...

For hard surface modeling I use Moi3d a lot, the interface is a pleasure to use.
    Nurbs are much faster than polygon fiddling for this type of modeling.

I still use Silo when I need organic shapes and subdivision stuff.
    Sculptris is also quite fun also to add details.

For rendering there's Octane that's interactive and semi-intuitive. Not too expensive if you have the hardware for it.

I've heard that Carrara is quite good at rendering.

Marc

Modo, Zbrush, Vue.