Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Reverse Path of lines

I have a large group of lines - using the raindrop line, the beginning of the line is heavy and the tail is thin, but I want this reversed. I know using the shape editor I can reverse paths on an individual line, but is there a way to set a default where all the lines I draw are reversed. I know I can group them all and reverse when I finish, however it changes the look, and I have to go back and adjust. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Default Re: Reverse Path of lines

You could create one line the way you want it, then copy the line, select all the other lines and Edit > Paste Attributes.

You can reverse the direction of a line by pressing the "Reverse paths" button on the info bar (i.e. the tool bar under the menu's) once you enter the Shape Tool (F4 or the reversed S button on the Tool bar) You can select all the lines you want to reverse and apply this affect to all of them in one fell swoop

Hi

in answer to your actual question - no 'fraid not

it has been requested in Dear Xara in the past, perhaps you could ask again and maybe one day it will happen - but until then there is no way to draw a stroke shape either way round, if you want it to start at the thin end you have to waste time drawing it thick end first, revesing it afterwards, and then tweaking it as necessary

Thanks for all the suggestions. The lines I am drawing are not uniform, they are various sized curved lines, in multiple places throughout my design. I can draw them backwards, but it is awkward. Looks like I will be doing a lot of them, so maybe I will get the hang of it! Thanks again for the responses.