Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Requesting feedback on my Xara Designer Pro web-site

Hi all,

I've been working on my web-site for a while now and would like to receive feedback from others. If you don't mind have a look at www.jcn-associates.com and let me know what you think.

TIA!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Requesting feedback on my Xara Designer Pro web-site

A very nice site. It has a nice crisp professional look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi Angelize,

Thanks for the positive and quick feedback. If you did see anything that you think can be improved feel free to let me know.

By the way, I may steal that tag line about deadlines.... very cute!

Looks very good, but the header of the 'Software' page just doesn't seem to fit the look of all the other pages.
    Just my opinion.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Looks very good, but the header of the 'Software' page just doesn't seem to fit the look of all the other pages.
    Just my opinion.
    Hi Rik -

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not overly happy with that header either, although I do like the word cloud concept and would like to work it in.

I may switch to a darker (black, perhaps) background instead to see if that helps. Something similar to what I have at the bottom of http://www.jcn-associates.com/luyand...o-database.htm

Thanks again!

I think the use of stock photos for the employees is misleading. Unless you only hire young models to work for you. Use real photos. Get a professional photographer to take some photos. It will look to your visitors more like you're real people and not just a template.

On the home page, and throughout, I would prefer the main body of text to be all white. The red or the colored version of your company name breaks up the clean design.

If you want to emphasize the name of your company, then make it large on the banner. It will make more of an impact and be more memorable and less disruptive than the red and multi-colored use in your text block.

And maybe it's just me, but the animated rotating text is dated.

If I were designing your site, I would make the JCN Associates large and add a simple elegant small line of text underneath with your 22 years statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Just my opinion.
    Hi again, Rik.

I changed the graphic to be a little less busy and to use a transparent background. It's still plenty busy, but I'm thinking it is a bit better? What do you think?

TIA.

Hi Gary!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate it and will implement most of your suggestions immediately. I may need to wait until my cousin (who's a professional photographer) visits from Chicago though before replacing the photos.

Have a great day!

Hi

it's a US company [NJ] and your map is of the other side of the globe which just set me wondering..

I agree with what was said before about fonts - too many colours, looks forced, although I appreciate you are likely following a corporate colour scheme but think it could be a bit more subtle... The constant 'hammering' of the name [and in three variants] is actually a bit off putting

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi

it's a US company [NJ] and your map is of the other side of the globe which just set me wondering..

I agree with what was said before about fonts - too many colours, looks forced, although I appreciate you are likely following a corporate colour scheme but think it could be a bit more subtle... The constant 'hammering' of the name [and in three variants] is actually a bit off putting
    Hi HD.

Thanks for the feedback. I like that globe image (came with the template) but did notice that too at one point early on. I guess when I can find a replacement for it that I like I can see about making it more appropriate. I just uploaded a modified version that is definitely easier on the eyes now that most of the body text is a consistent white.

Have a great day and thanks again.