Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default export file at 460 dpi

Numpty question

I have a jpeg file 2.2 MB (screen wallpaper) that i want to change the colour from blue to purple easy in dpx so i import it and xara says its 460 dpi on the tool bar i change the colour but when i go to export it looks pixeleated how do i export it as a jpeg that maintains the same size and pix i must be missing something

scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: export file at 460 dpi

Hi Scruffy,

I assume you resized it when you imported this JPG file? Down in the status line bar at the bottom of XDP it displays the native OR effective resolution, depending on if one resizes a bitmap.

2.2 meg is a larger a file than one should need for a screen wallpaper. Uncompressed (which means displayed) it will occupy way more memory.

Are you typing in new width/height values when you are exporting? What size is the native bitmap in pixel dimensions and what are the export dimensions?

Can you upload the original file to dropbox, maybe include your changed version in a XAR file? ZIP them up together and upload and provide a link.

Take care, mike