Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What size to cover all screen?

Hi
    I have noticed that a lot of new sites cover the full screen now. What would I do with xara settings to get that?

Thanks

Default Re: What size to cover all screen?

You cannot make a fluid width in Xara. However, most every well built website is not 100% fluid anyway. Most set the upper and lower limits a browser can resize the content portion of the site and either use a background color, background image or both. This you can do in Xara.

Take care, Mike

What pixel size would you recommend to fill the monitor?

What size monitor? One capable of being only 800px wide? 1480 px wide? 1920 px wide? See the problem?

That is what background colors, tiled backgrounds and or background images are for. To fill up the space beside the content page. I wouldn't make most sites wider than 960px wide (page width in Xara) and then use a background color on the pasteboard.

Take care, Mike

For a while now a lot of websites went for full width headers and footers but recently the larger companies have changed over to the 'boxed' layout, so basically a 955px website with all content and the pasteboard area a solid colour, for instance www.sony.com have changed recently. And for ultimate minimism check out the current apple.com site, just basic white in a box layout style. This way you site can be viewed on all monitors and also will show up nicely on smart phones as well.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk