Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The September 2012 Tutorial - All About Drawing & Control Points

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble viewing the videos on XaraXone.

I think that your installation of Flash may have corrupted or when the last round of Flash plugins went around; a number of folks had a hard time digesting that one. As to Safari, at least on Safari for Windows 5.17 the JW player uses HTML5 video technology to display the videos. Are you using the current version of Safari for Windows.

The JW player sends best video source from those that YouTube provides that matches your particular browser's capabilities. Internet Explorer uses Flash and Safari HTML5's mp4.

So try this:

1. Go out and get a free copy of CCCleaner and install it if you don't already have it. The free version works just fine, you don't need the paid, pro version. I like to get it from FileHippo because they don't try an load you up with loathsome toolbars and other adware junk. http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
      1. Attachment 92255

2. From Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features (Windows &) uninstall all the Flash Player entries you have. For example I currently have Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X and Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin. This should remove the Flash Players that Internet Explorer, Firefox and some versions of Safari use. Chrome has Flash installed as part of the browser. OR
    3. Open CCCleaner and from the Tools section go to the Uninstaller and use CCCleaner to uninstall the Flash Players on your system. I think that CCCleaner usually does does a better job uninstalling stuff.
    4. Updating your browser the the latest version available now would be a good idea.
      1. The Newest version of Internet Explorer 8 ( highest you can go with Windows XP) can be downloaded from: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...downloads/ie-8
      2. The Newest version of Internet Explorer 9 can be downloaded from: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/i...wide-languages
      3. The Newest desktop version of Firefox can be downloaded from: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop
      4. Apple may be phasing out support for Safari for Windows, but the latest and possibly the last Windows version, 5.17 can be downloaded from here http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1531
      5. As always keep a sharp eye out for unnecessary toolbar or other software or settings that may be bundled with the download. Microsoft I'm looking at you.

5. After uninstalling Flash Players, Run CCCleaner and use it to delete Temporary Internet files in all your browsers and also run the Registry cleaner to clean up any stray bits. CCCleaner is very reliable and trusted. But even so when it asks if you want to"Do you want to backup changes to the registry?, be sure to answer YES.
      CCleaner.

All this uninstalling and cleaning gives you a sound foundation for doing a clean install. These basic instructions - uninstall, use CCCleaner and then reinstall work in may situations, not just when dealing with a suspect Flash installation.

Now .......

1. With each browser you have, Go to Adobe http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and download and install the latest version of Flash. Watch out for an unnecessarily toolbar.Attachment 92256

Let us know how you make out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cccleaner-download.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	92273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flash-download.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	92274  

Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

no worries, Gary. I found it.

Oh...I did look at XX back then. But I didn't have a so-called smart phone nor internet on the one I did have...Mike

ok Gary - corrupt Flash but viewable on HTML5 does sound likely

your tutorial is as promised basic and clear, look forward to the ongoing series

Hi,
    I also cannot see the Tutorial video..I have latest Flash player installed...
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi Scotty—

Please review the steps Barbara posted in post #21.

The latest Flash plug-in isn't necessarily a fix for you and your system.

•You might not be 100% sure the plug-in installed itself correctly.

•You might be using a browser that doesn't support Flash.

There are a number of show-stoppers, but it ain't the video itself, promise.

Can you see the video (and all videos on YouTube) if you click >>>here?<<<. I'm fairly sure if you can't see the video here, directly on YouTube, you can't see any of the videos on YouTube, and this is not YouTube's problem.

I can tell you one thing: The Xara Group, Ltd., all of them, could see the video. They told me I spent too much time on the Pen tool and not enough on the Shape tool.

@Everybody, Can we please all agree to read Barbara's post and follow her instructions before anyone else posts "I can't see it. What's wrong with your video???"

Reading solves a lot of things

-g

Hi Gary,
    I followed Barbara's tips and re-installed latest Player still no results so followed your link to YouTube and watched...very good... learned some new tricks with node editing..
    Thanks
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Browser(s) and browser version used, for example Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 15 ____Explorer 9______________

Operating system- XP or Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8 : ___Vista______

Version of the Adobe Flash Player you are using: _______11.4 (Active X) installed twice today_________________________
    You can check what version you are using vs what is the most recent for your system here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    Have done a clean install as outlined below of the Adobe Flash plugin, Yes or No: _________Yes - once yesterday - twice today__________

This is a new problem, you have been able to see the videos in the past. Yes or No _______Yes______________________

This is a problem with only this months video. Yes or No ______No - I cannot see or play any of the videos on the XaraXone tutorial site___

I can see videos on YouTube OK. Yes or No ___Yes_________

Can you play the YouTube video on this test page? http://www.longtailvideo.com/support...-youtube-video

I can play it Yes or No or It has Problems, --________Yes______________________

Hope this helps - I have viewed a bunch of sites today including the vendor for the JW Player and all of them work fine. Just have a problem with the XaraXone site.

And yes, I went through all of your steps (at least twice) today. Glad to try anyting else you need so we can get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 22 September 2012 at 01:56 AM.

Default Re: Video Troubleshooting Discussion

Was able to view videos last month, but know just seeing a black box.

Browser(s) and browser version used, for example Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox: 15 Firefox 15.0.01Internet explorer 9, Google chrome 21

Operating system- XP or Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8 : Windows 7

Version of the Adobe Flash Player you are using: 11.4.402.278
    You can check what version you are using vs what is the most recent for your system here http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    Have done a clean install as outlined below of the Adobe Flash plugin, Yes or No:yes

This is a new problem, you have been able to see the videos in the past. Yes or No: yes

This is a problem with only this months video. Yes or No: no

I can see videos on YouTube OK. Yes or No: yes

Can you play the YouTube video on this test page? http://www.longtailvideo.com/support...-youtube-video
    I can play it Yes or No or It has Problems, --:yes

Default Re: Video Troubleshooting Discussion

Congratulations Barbara and JW team.

I just tested the turorials on 2 computers...one has Windows 7 and IE8 and the other has Vista and IE9 and the videos now play on both of them.

In the past few days, I could not view the videos on either machine...........

The video was just a black box on Xara website. I watched it on the YouTube link above, no problem, I know your knocking your heads against something with this but at least we can see it on YouTube. Great tutorial Thanks Richard Bell