Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The September 2012 Tutorial - All About Drawing & Control Points

The shape is mightier than the pen !

Stygg
    Attached Files Attached Files

One guitar line drawing using the shape tool and applied contour. The shape tool is excellent and in my last post about the Pen tool, I was not saying the pen tool is better, only that seeing it is part of the Xara programme, not much seemed to be said about it. Anyway, I'm pleased to use both, albeit still trying to master the pen, this morning I made a quick shape using both, working between the two, it worked fine although the shape editor tool is quicker and easier

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shape tool.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	92371  

I'm glad you're "ahead of the curve", stygg. I'll be showing off other node operations and highlighting the Shape tool and its use in October's video.

I have a typeface for you all, that can provide a good resource for practicing tracing. Because I don't think anyone has a complete education without copying something at some point, and tracing is just copying art.

"Vases" contains several glyphs that are half of a 3D shape: if you lathe any of these shapes, a recognizable object is the result. I'm offering this font for free (Charityware, actually) so you can have a specific goal while you trace. You come up with an original vase shape and my offer still stands: post the Xara file and I'll model and render your design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VASES-sample.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	92375

Name:	vases.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	92376

Charityware: If you like and use this typeface, for personal, professional, whatever reason, "give back" a little, to an organization that needs your help. Send whatever you can afford or feel you can contribute to a worthy cause such as Doctors without Borders, or The Salvation Army.

Here's a challenge for you Gary Can you model and render this?

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spray.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	92381  

In finer stores, stygg?

Name:	stygg's-cologne.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	92384

-g
    Last edited by Gare; 25 September 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcahall View Post
    I do not understand why I am not able to see the videos on the Xara Xone site but I can see them just fine on the Xara Channel on YouTube.
    I came to the forum because I cannot see the videos on the Xara Xone site. More specifically, when I go to http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/dr...nts-episode-1/ I see a big black box where the video should be. I've tried three different browsers, and all show the same ugly black box. I have Adobe Flash Player, and I have flash enabled for this site, so I can't imagine what the problem is. Does anyone have any idea? From the posting I quoted, it looks as if I'm not the only one with this problem. I suppose I could track down the videos on YouTube, but I'd really prefer to figure out why I can't see them on XaraXone.

Thanks in advance.

Hi cyberqueen—

If you go back one page to post #15, the Administrator has already set up an area and a questionnaire to help her and TalkGraphics figure out what is wrong. This has been going on for almost 5 days now, and the main goal at the moment is to let members watch the video, and the anomoly is being addressed as a secondary, but very real consideration.

There is nothing so devilishly irritating as a problem for some but not for all. Some members have no problem at all with the video, and the Administrator is trying very diligently to find out what the bad chemistry is.

To watch the video, >>>click here<<<

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    In finer stores, stygg?

Name:	stygg's-cologne.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	92384

-g
    That is a great drawing Gary, smell like a sailor hey! I was all ways covered in grease and oil being an engineer at sea, could have done with some of that Sea Breeze for when we docked!! All the nice girls love a ..... as the song goes

Stygg

I wouldn't know about "nice girls", stygg.

;)

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I wouldn't know about "nice girls", stygg.

-g
    Can you ellaborate more while I sit here with my note book and pencil

Stygg