Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Crest

Hi there, is Xara 3D capable of turnining a flat 2D image like:

http://www.whufc.com/images/videolounge/splash1.gif

into something a bit like:

http://www.whufc.com/images/logo.gif

I have tried giving a crest outlines in Xara X and exporting it's shape into Xara 3D, exporting it and then resampling the 2D face of the crest to fit on top. However, the outlines I create in Xara X are not exactly the right shape and so the image doesn't fite quite correctly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Jonny

Hi there, is Xara 3D capable of turnining a flat 2D image like:

http://www.whufc.com/images/videolounge/splash1.gif

into something a bit like:

http://www.whufc.com/images/logo.gif

I have tried giving a crest outlines in Xara X and exporting it's shape into Xara 3D, exporting it and then resampling the 2D face of the crest to fit on top. However, the outlines I create in Xara X are not exactly the right shape and so the image doesn't fite quite correctly.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Jonny

Jonny

What you need to do is to create a vector outline of the crest with a solid fill.

Then you need to create a bitmap of the crest and fill the vector shape with the bitmap in Xara 3D.

Here is a XaraXone Tutorial that will show you the basics for how this is done.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Jonny,
    Welcome to the forums. There was a spate of creating football crests about 18 months ago. If you look back thru this forum you may find the relevant threads. Gary is quite correct. The best way to create the vector shape is to hand trace over a scan of the crest using the Shape Editor Tool. Then create a bitmap copy of the screen grab to use as the "text" texture (the same dimensions as the vector shape you've just created) However if you apply any bevel to the crest you might have to enlarge the bitmap.

Here's one I created.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You can mess about with it and try to fit a texture.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Wow! Did you make that just now? That looks top notch. How did you make the castle type thing in the middle stand out?

Thanks. Yes I created it just now, it doesn't take too long once your used to XaraX and Xara3D.
    I used your attachment to get the shape and colour.
    I haven't used a "text texture" in the animation, but instead used 4 different vector shapes. Below is the same image but with exagerated extrusions. In this way each different shape can have different extrusions, colour and bevels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial_image.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	16429  
    Egg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	1145  
    Egg

• File Type: xar 1.xar (3.0 KB, 166 views)
    Egg

• File Type: xar 2.xar (4.9 KB, 165 views)
    Egg