Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Add a little bling! Xara Plus Filter Forge video 1

PS You've got years of experience in producing such images Gary, I haven't. It would take me years to understand nodes and such like. I've tried it before and it's an alien language to me :-D
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Which is why I will be getting into editing and creating your own filters further on in the series, but unless I'm mistaken (and I don't think I am) Gary used a filter that was from the FF library and jusr edited a few settings to generate that texture.

I have created and submitted a few filters that are in the library and to be honest it is not that difficult, it's just a different way of working. Keep following the series I'm going to try to get the next video out in a few days but I do need to attend to some other work first (the kind that put's food on the table )

And just to be clear I mentioned the Rewards program which is different than the Affiliate program. You gain rewards points by creating filters and submitting them to the library (I'll be covering this in a future video) if they gain a high usage rank you get a reward point, 3 reward points gets you a Free license to the Pro version.
    Last edited by angelize; 17 September 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    This image seamlessly tiles
    Uhm... no it doesn't
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Frances, I just finished watching your tutorial and I have to say that I both enjoyed and was impressed with the tool.

I have to say that I am somewhere in the middle on this one. I can certainly see and appreciate the power of the tool. However, since I am retired, still in the "learning" Xara mode, and do not use the it for any commercial or "need to do" things, I have some mixed emotions about spending he money for it. Then again, based on some things we tried in another thread, I can see the power. I will probably download the trial version and mess around with it. That may give me the incentive to purchase it (although right now I do have a "burning" need for it).

Gary, I do also agree that we need to stay up with stuff as digital art and graphics is changing rapidly and if you want to stay in touch you need to be proactive.

Again, Thanks Frances - if someone reading this has not taken the time to watch her tutorial, I think you will be impressed with the power of the tool and how easy she makes it look.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Uhm... no it doesn't ;))
    Got me to my rights, B.F. I forgot to check the "Seamless Tiling" box in the Settings panel.

Care to cut me some slack on this oversight, as I've been working with it for a whopping 2 hours today? :)

The attached image does tile, and I didn't use a preset in Filter Forge. The convolution was designed in the procedural tree view of the texture. This JPEG is not the tiling example because I cropped it. Go by the Argyle number 2.xar file to see no seams.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1842c3e1ef18060e5e2c98d414bfbcfb.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	92225

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gare; 18 September 2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Forge Factory Filter Foul-Up
    IP

Just a note Gary, it's Filter Forge Filter Factory is something completely different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

Filter Factory doesn't even exist anymore: Adobe killed it in Photoshop v 7.

I stand corrected and will try never to post after my bedtime in the future!

-g
    IP

Program looks excellent, seems very easy to use for great results. Tried the 50% discount and the price actually increase from the 40% discount to almost the original price, also the price that's advertised was about $40 more than the advertised $129....any idea why?

Thanks as always,
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11
    IP

Hi Ed,

I'm not certain about what may be happening with the coupon, I have passed your question on to Filter Forge and asked if they would reply to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP

Thanks very much Frances.....I really like this, it's a great addition for creating quick and seamless images....fun for creating weird and wonderful stuff for sure....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11
    IP