Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to remove the outline produced when croppting or saving an image?

Every time I create and save a graphic as an image, whether in CorelPhoto-Paint or CorelDraw, there is always an outline on the outside of the image. This happens whether or not the color or background behind the images is white or a different color, or the same color as the image. How do I prevent this from happening?

attached is the image and below is the link to how it results. It does this whether I select and export the image on top of a background of the same color or not.

[link removed by moderator - Please read FAQs for new members]

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graphic1.png 
Views:	317 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	92184  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 16 September 2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: removed link from first time post
    IP

Default Re: How to remove the outline produced when croppting or saving an image?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I'm not sure that I see any white line in your image.

I have not worked in Corel products for years but I am going to guess that any white lines might be caused by exporting an image that is not in exact pixel amounts (for example, 467.7 pixels vs 467 pixels).

If your width is in fractional pixel amounts, the program anti-aliases the edge to blend with the background and this can cause a fringe or lighter colored outline.
    IP

Default Re: How to remove the outline produced when croppting or saving an image?

Within CorelDRAW, try converting the graphic to bitmap at, say, 300 ppi, with a transparent background. Anti-aliasing is optional for this test. See if the outline is still present. It shouldn't be.
    IP