Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change in image when uploaded

Hi guys

I apologise in advance as I am completely computer illiterate and looking for help.

I have created an image in Corel Draw. Basically it consists of my initials in gold over which I have partial pasted an image which is totally black. I have saved this as an SVG file.

I have then attempted to upload the combined image to a website. However, when I have done so the entire image is in black. Is it not possible to upload it so that both colours are visible so that each of the combined images can be made out, i.e. as it appears in Corel Draw?

Thanks in advance.

Iz
    IP

Default Re: Change in image when uploaded

You might be better off exporting the image as a PNG, probably 8-bit from how you describe it.
    IP

Is that a vector graphic?
    IP

A png is a raster image not a vector.

Can you provide a link to the page where you have the svg image? Have you viewed the page using different browsers? Different browsers handle svg image differently and they look different depending on which method you use to include the svg image within the page.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I am simply trying to upload the image on to a t-shirt design website using there upload tool. I appreciate I know nothing about graphic design but can someone please tell me why one image overlaid by some writing can appear fine in Corel but when I upload it is just a blacked out silhouette. ihave tried to upload it in .cdr format but the website declines to upload it.

I am lost.
    IP

Do they list svg as an acceptable image format? I would have thought they would require a png with alpha channel image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Izrafel View Post
    I am simply trying to upload the image on to a t-shirt design website using there upload tool.
    Then you need to READ their help guide as to what upload formats and limits are acceptable. ALL on-line printing websites have such a help guide.

I appreciate I know nothing about graphic design but can someone please tell me why one image overlaid by some writing can appear fine in Corel but when I upload it is just a blacked out silhouette.
    Because what you see inside a graphics package, ANY graphics package, is not what you will see when the design is exported. It depends on the format chosen and the limits YOU impose on that format to take account of compression, colour depth, colour table, etc etc.

ihave tried to upload it in .cdr format but the website declines to upload it. I am lost.
    If you read their Help guide, it will tell you that .cdr is not a valid format.

Export your image as PNG or uncompressed JPEG and you shouldn't have any problem... yeah, that last phrase is courting disaster, I know.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP