Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: So write a review about it!

Hi Petar—

I'm deadly serious with my Wish List. It shouldn't even be called a "Wish List", because that suggests that I'd "like" a pie-in-the-sky feature.

I'm not. I've considered the features I'm begging, not exactly wishing for.

As far as Aspect Ratio goes, it'd be nice, but in a very real way, the feature already exists, and I'd resist asking a programmer to spend even five mintes when the time is better spent on a less-developed are in the program.

In a bitmap editor, I can see the need, for example, to maintain a specific aspect ratio, so you can crop images in batch mode (Action Scripts in Photoshop) with consistency.

But Xara is a vector drawing program, and once you have a rectangle drawn with a specific aspect ratio, all you need to do is drag on a corner selection handle to scale it up or down while keeping its original proportions.

As far as creating such a rectangle, Xara already has this feature. You begin a rectangle shape (with the Rectangle tool), then type in, for example 200 in the Width field on the Infobar (hit the Tab key), and then type 100 in the Height field, hit Tab or Enter, and you have a 2:1 aspect ratio rectangle.

So it's done differently than in Photoshop, but I definitely wouldn't put a feature as you suggest at or anywhere near the top of my Wish List.

The drawing tools need more muscle right now, IMFFHO.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 15 September 2012 at 05:34 PM.