Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Design Questions.

Two Questions:

(1). I remember that there's a way to make parts of a web page extend beyond the page borders. I just don't remember the way to do it!

(2). I am a top down web designer and having the blue starting line at the bottom instead of it being at the top of the page drives me crazy. Is there any way to make it work from the top of the page?

Thanks

Default Re: Web Design Questions.

John

I'm not sure what you mean in question 2, can you give us an example or more detail?

For question 1, and I am assuming you have a newish version since you don't list any Xara products, in Website Properties > Website section, remove the check mark from Clip to Page Edges.

Not sure I know what you mean in question 2 either.

One way to make content go beyound the border is to create an I frame and put the content for that part of the page in it so that the user can scroll that content. There are methods for both horizontal and vertical scrolling. Other than that, I am not sure I completely understand what you want to do.

dcahall - I think what John wants to do is have objects that extend beyond the edges of the page.

John - The Xara whisperer tells me that you are referring to the dashed line at the bottom of the page that makes the page deeper or shallowed depending on which way you drag.

How would you see this working if the dashed line were at the top instead of at the bottom?

Thanks Gary! That solved #1. My #2 problem seems to have gone away since I reinstalled. Before it was moving the whole page vertically beyond my page guidelines.