Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Repeating objects don't propagate certain attributes

Designer Pro X latest.

Could someone try this and tell me if their experience is the same or is it supposed to work like this.....

Open a design template for a website (we used Portfolio). Place an image on the page anywhere, select "web Properties" and on the "Image" tab set it to pop up, press OK. Now, select the image and make it a repeating object across all pages. Now I would assume it should repeat the image in the exact place with the same properties and it does BUT when we come to preview the site, or the uploaded site, the image does not pop up, nor does it on any other page even though if we check the properties, pop up is selected. To make the image pop up, we have to go through the pages one by one and ungroup each image, then it works as we would want it.

Is this correct behaviour or a bug? Hoping it is a bug because the wife has just had to manually alter 142 images that stubbornly refused to pop up.

Regards, Jeff.

Edit, just checked and it does the same thing even by creating several blank pages.
    Last edited by Smiler; 08 October 2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Further info

Default Re: Repeating objects don't propagate certain attributes

I tried this just using a photo and a spacer to make sure that both appeared in the same position. The spacing is the same on every page.

BUT as you observed, the pop-up does not work on the other pages. I checked to make sure the popups were on the right layer and they are and they are still configured.

I shall alert the people of Xara that this is a bug.

Many thanks,

We have a work around so we can get it going although it's clunky.

Jeff.

Because you have effectively created a type of softgroup, the trick is once you have set the popup attributes and repeated on all pages is to then choose 'Stop updating' >> 'All copies'
    All copies will popup after this.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 October 2012 at 08:48 PM.