Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help

Default Re: Help

Sure. Here it is. And the Xara file. And a screen shot.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	use_this_export_setting_in_xara.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	91975  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Now, I do want to add some thoughts to all this.

EPS is a dead (or dying) format. Why clients still request it or sites that sell vector art still want it is beyond me. But it is a current state of affairs. I still have the odd request for EPS format that I can usually educate the client out of. But it is difficult to tell a business No when their whole model of selling vector art revolves around that format. I happily am not in the position to sell vector art through such vendors.

It is a limiting format, not every Xara transparency type can make it through that export format. And conversely, not every EPS file does come into Xara intact. Zeb has a thread a few down in the Xara graphics chat forum (where this thread lives) where certain elements needed remade, "dumbed" down or whatever for some of these same issues:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...o-EPS-problems

So I am not advocating using the EPS format ad hoc, no caveats, etc. Initially this all was just to help someone facing the same/similar issues Zeb faced.

Take care, Mike

You can export from Xara to an Adobe EPS format from the export menu choice.
    I was working with a Xara .eps file (attached).

You are right. I concede the point.

I guess the bigger question is why Xara still includes their Xara .EPS filter.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 04 September 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Yeah, I am unclear about the why the Xara EPS format exists, much less its uses.

But this isn't a golf match play tournament, no point to concede. I hope I made it clear above my view of EPS format.

The AI/EPS format Xara produces is really an AI file, version 8. I would like the AI export boosted up to match the supposed level of its import, which I believe is suppose to import a CS2 version. But Xara really doesn't import a CS2 level file, it extracts the PDF data. So all Xara is doing is extracting the PDF version from the CS2 file, not the private data portion (the actual AI format).

Anyway, all we all were doing was to aid someone who was hoping to rub two nickels together at the end of designing something. To that end, we hopefully (and apparently) did so. All else was education.

Take care, Mike

Thumbs up Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Yeah, I am unclear about the why the Xara EPS format exists, much less its uses.

Anyway, all we all were doing was to aid someone who was hoping to rub two nickels together at the end of designing something. To that end, we hopefully (and apparently) did so. All else was education.

Take care, Mike
    I think it was entertaining as well.

George