Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help

Smile Help

After I create a design (logo) I am unable to locate the source code for my design, this is the same with banners. How do I get to the source code.
    Also is it legal to sell these designs, I have ran across a couple of webpages that state any graphics designed with an Xara program then belong to Xara is this true.

Default Re: Help

Welcome to the forum.

I am at a bit of a loss to understand what is actually the issue with your first issue. Are you saying that (1) you created a design (a logo) and that (2) you cannot find where you saved it?

It should be somewhere on your hard drive if you saved it. I don't have PG&D, but it probably uses a file name ending with .xar so I would do a search in Windows for all files with that extension. So search for *.xar

Anything you create with an Xara product is legal to sell. Not copies of the application, but the files and or final output format of your designs are completely salable. Can you point to a site you have read such statements?

Take care, Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello JBruce, Welcome to Talkgraphics

Can you explain a bit more about what you are meaning by "source code" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I believe you are referring to the HTML language code. Xara products work differently then other traditional web authoring programs. Whether it is Designer Pro, Photo & Graphic Designer, or Web Designer; your page is a Xara graphics file containing fonts, vector elements and bitmap images. It does not become a web page until it is exported or published as a web page. There is no need to write any code. However, after it has been exported, it is a standard web page that can be edited in most HTML editors. But, it is just as easy to make the changes in the Xara graphics file and re-export it.

As far as artwork, graphics, edited photos, web pages, flash, etc. that you create...they are yours.
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Jbruce View Post
    After I create a design (logo) I am unable to locate the source code for my design, this is the same with banners. How do I get to the source code.
    the "source" code is your "xar" file

Quote Originally Posted by Jbruce View Post
    Also is it legal to sell these designs, I have ran across a couple of webpages that state any graphics designed with an Xara program then belong to Xara is this true.
    not true - any original design you create using xara software belongs to you
    the xara software always belongs to xara - you only have a licence to use it
    this is true in most countries where human beings use cutlery
    if you have used xara clipart in your designs you cannot claim that they are your own
    read the copyright statement included with your software
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by graphicsfactory View Post
    I believe you are referring to the HTML language code
    i doubt it - he says design (logo)
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Jbruce

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Please give us more specific details. And are you referring to a graphic design or a website design?

he said logo
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

He also said, banner.

I have ran across a couple of webpages that state any graphics designed with an Xara program then belong to Xara is this true.
    if you use some of the example art in your drawings then you have possibly breached copyright

there was [I think] a time when Xara reserved rights on drawings created with trial versions - not sure if this still applies
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...