Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there still a Name Gallery in WD10?

Hello,

Every time I open a particular file, I receive a message: "This document contains synthesized bold/italic variants that are no longer supported (Open Sans Light - Bold/Italic). They have been substituted."

I've checked both this Forum and Xara support, both of which suggest opening the Name Gallery but I cannot locate this in Web Designer 10 (there is a Xara support video showing it in use in WD7). Does the Name Gallery still exist and, if not, how can I locate the offending font?

Thanks again

Default Re: Is there still a Name Gallery in WD10?

I think the Names Gallery was replaced with the Style function. If you have a style applied to text then you can modify the style and all instances of the style will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurgam View Post
    (there is a Xara support video showing it in use in WD7).
    Can you link to the Xara video of WD7 showing a Name gallery because it does not appear in any version of Web Designer I have (I have them all)??
    The Name gallery is a Photo & Graphic Designer and Designer Pro feature.

WD7
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd7.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	105657

Might be some confusion with the Name tag?

My apologies - the Xara video I saw showing the Name Gallery was for Designer Pro not Web Designer Pro

Web Designer Premium. The is no Pro version for WD.

I stand corrected again but the point remains that, once this error message is received, there appears to be no way to get rid of it.

Resurgam I do not know anything about these web programs but I did download the trial of WD10 Premium to check this out.
    Do you not see or have this on your toolbar? Another place to see things is file/Document infro.... On my computer the screen looks remarkably similar to the 3 Xara Dlesigner programs I currently have installed. I don't even pretend to know what is happening to you but it would be helpful if you would please attach the file you are having trouble with. With Gary P and Steve helping you are in good hands.

Name:  name tag.png
Views: 160
Size:  3.9 KB
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.