I think part of it is trying to learn how to use the Artweaver tool. I have to experiment with it more so I can learn how to draw with it :-)

I have not yet figured out how you draw something like the "waves" with the tool but all I have messed around with so far is the pencil tool and I have not found the right combination to draw crisp edges and make things blend together like your images do. I like the samples you passed along before but do not fully understand how you create them. I can see many uses for them, just need to better understand how to do it.

I think I am going to drag out th Official Guide book again but this time, take the time to go through it. I think that would probably open my eyes a lot.

Like I said once before, the "Drawing from the right side of the brain" book showed me a lot. I just have trouble capturing on paper or the screen what I see (or at least what I think I see).

BTW: On your tutorials, have you ever considered having a link that would put the tutorial in a format that could be printed easily? Since I am working on a 14" laptop without an external monitor, it becomes a chore to read, switch screens and do, then go back to the next step or see what I did wrong. Printing for reference would be a big help.