Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help

Default Help

Hi

Whilst editing a page, I got an error the system stuck wouldn't clear and I had to close webdesigner mx premium via task manager.

When I opened xara again my actual editing page had disappeared, when I open up any file it is only the grey pasteboard I see and no page, though when I click preview the page does come back, but I can't get the actual editable page to appear, I assume either I clicked something or some setting has changed which is causing this, can anyone tell me how to bring it back.

Thanks
    D.

Default Re: Help

Are you using WD6? I don't think WD6 makes automatic backups.

If you are using a newer version, you can go to File > Open Recent > Backups and open the last backup or two.

Failing this, and this is locking the barn door after the horses have been stolen, download XaReg http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...g-2-3-released and set it to create a backup file when you save your work, then remember to save your work often.

Also, file a support request on www.xara.com and maybe one of the tech support persons can look at your .web file and make it stable again.

The op mentions Web Designer MX Premium, which is version 8.
    In any case, for future reference, WD6 does have the backups feature.

@DAZZLER1607: Try this. On the Zoom tool flyout, click 'Zoom to page'..

Thanks, yes I'm using mx premium, think I forgot to update my profile.

It's frustrating as when I go into page/layer gallery, it's all there. I only created the site today so there only was one back-up and the back up has the same problem as do all other sites. Basically none of my sites will open and show me the editable page, all I was doing at the time of the crash was to move a shape, nothing major.

Do you think this could be an reinstall job?

I tried zoom to page and it was just the same unfortunately.

My guess is your document has become corrupted. This does happen. So your best best is going back one or two backups. You will have to make your most recent changes again, but you will not have lost everything.

Go to File > Open Recent > and at the bottom of the list Backups...

There is a small triangle next to Date Modified. Click this and select a more specific time period and then open the most recent or the backup behind that one. If the file is stable, then re-save it over your corrupted file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backups.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	96652  

All files were the same, even sites that I hadn't been in for a while, all back-ups, everything basically appeared the same - no editable page.

Rather than reinstall the software I took the opportunity upgrade to Premium 9 which has fixed the problem.

I have a new problem with 9 that I'm about to post.