Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with Pasteboard

Hi, I am a novice/beginner at this, but have designed a website and I need help with adding separate images or wallpaper/testured backgrounds to the pasteboard?
    Thanks SO much!

Default Re: Help with Pasteboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nadeja View Post
    Hi, I am a novice/beginner at this, but have designed a website and I need help with adding separate images or wallpaper/testured backgrounds to the pasteboard?
    Thanks SO much!
    I am not entirely sure about your question - however, if you want to use an image as background, simply hold CTRL and drag the image into the grey area .

Welcome to TalkGraphics Nadeja

Thanks. I did ctrl and pasted the pic on the pasteboard, but when I preview the site I cannot see it. Where you can drag and drop color on the pasteboard. . .how am I able to substitue the color with a picture or texture?

I also have a couple of instances where I have set a .png file (ex. an eagle) on the edge of the page so it overlaps onto the pasteboard, but again when I preview the site, it shows the pic cut off. I want to get that 3D effect, so when I preview I should see the complete eagle with part of the wing overlapping onto the pasteboard.

Thanks! :-)

Because Web Designer is WYSIWYG, the eagle on the pasteboard and on the page should not be that hard. Copy the bitmap to the pasteboard (Ctrl + drag and drop), then duplicate the image on the page and have it visually overlap the page and align with the pasteboard image.

You can also use the Website Properties > Website > Clip to Page Edges option. Un-check this option and anything overlapping the edge of the page will appear.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks the web properties > website > clipt page edges "unmarked worked perfectly for me. Any idea how to change the whole pasteboard and have it show up when I preview? I would like to set some graphics and even a full screen picture behind the web page (on the pasteboard) that magnifies my message on the page.

I think this only works with objects that extend from the page and over the edge. If you place an object by itself on the pasteboard, I do not believe it will appear.

OK, thanks!

. . .I finally got it (hold control and drag and drop. . .sorry bout' that)! THANKS MUCH!! :-)