Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Search engine

Default Search engine

Hi,

I am using WD7 and I have a website with nearly 300 flower pictures. All these have names and are on pages in alphabetical order in a separate folder. Is it possible to insert a search function on the index.htm of that folder to allow visitors to be taken to the page/photo of their choice.

Many Thanks,
    Richy

Default Re: Search engine

AtomZ http://www.atomz.com/ will do the trick. The term you are looking for is Search Box.

you can put a google search on your site too (ie it searches your site for the benefit of your visitor, not one of those silly "search the web" things some people put on their websites)
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi

Thanks for that. I am trying to give atomz a go but there is one page in that folder I do not want visitors to have access to (it is part of a scrolling text box) I have indexed the folder and have tried to follow atomz help by applying an url mask on that page 'http://www.fuchsiaflower.co.uk/gallery/updates.htm' but it keep telling me 'Status: not covered by a URL Mask'. What am I doing wrong? Or would it be easier to just move the updates.htm out of that folder?

Sorry this is more of an 'atomnz' query than web design but it would be really useful if I could get it to work.

Regards
    Richy

Can't help with that one. AtomZ must have a support forum where they probably do know how to do this.

Sorted it, more by good luck than management.
    Thanks again