Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Can I add/edit one character in the Font yanone kaffesatz?

Thanks Barbara, Mike, and Gary

I kept a copy of Gary's font lab file if it is needed and I believe that Gary kept a copy of Frank's ttf file
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

i'll wait for the op to come back before doing the other variants

i suspect he's pretty disappointed, especially since, had we read the licence (i didn't) we could have let him have it there and then
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Let us remember that the internal data, the attribution and font name and all that good stuff, needs to be changed. Not just the file name, but also the name the user sees. I could do this, if I'm provided with the font with its additions.

When someone asks for a favor, Frank, it's unrealistic for the one asking to set conditions. Such as professionalism, and pre-knowledge of the law, in this case.

The net result is: we'll get better here on this thread in the future.

-g
    IP

Hey fine Gare! So lets call the set KUFE, pack it and send it to me
    (kufe is Slovene dialect for Coffee (Kaffe)).
    IP

Love to make it that simple, urednik.

FIRST: I need legal language to put in the typeface. Gang, we did this before with tg RoundHead. Will someone please volunteer to write the stuff so I can put it in the font's data page?

THEN: This is going to be marked as a TalkGraphics cooperative effort, so I want to pass it around before it goes public. someone has a problem with the typeface, inlcuding you, urednik, you let me know and then we go live with it. Urednik, you understand that tghis is not "law" stuff, but "pride"? We want the world to notice that we did a good job for you.

Angelize, anything else?

Frank, I take it I can add the data to your font and we're cool?

Urednik: time frame? If I can get the legal language and okays in the next 8 hours, you can probably have the font, along with other people, tomorrow. Frank has done the hard work. All that is left is some coding.

TIA,

Gary
    IP

Understood, agreed. No need to hurry. If you still feel rather to wait for the author I am ok with that as well. Although in the mean time my website is in designing hell :P
    IP

Me? I would prefer to hit it sooner than later, just to be able to schedule other things.

There is no need, politically or legally, to wait to add the characters to a different font name, and then feel free to use it.

We are covered in both those areas. The original author's license grants us permission, item #3 in the SIL OPEN FONT LICENSE.

-g
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Frank, I take it I can add the data to your font and we're cool?
    of course, no worries
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

I believe that we need to add to the change log that should accompany the OFL which documents the changes that the TG fonts and Typography group has made to the font, and we need to have a copy of the OFL with our font names. Before the font(s) go live the whole download package will need to be approved by Barbara.

So If you guys can put together the Change log, and when the font files are ready, I'll check and see about updating the OFL I'll pack them into a zip file with the documentation, and send it to Barbara. Once I get approval I'll post a new thread in the Free & fixed fonts Gallery with the download link.

One other thing I believe that any of you who have worked on the fonts may need to post releases in this thread like we did for the other fonts.

Gary, if Barbara isn't too busy could you ask her to have a look at this thread and confirm if we need the releases?

Also does anyone have any objection if I move this thread up into the font aid forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    IP

I just got a reply from Yanone and he has given his blessing to our project as well Yanone has also offered this link to the latest version http://yanone.de/typedesign/kaffeesatz/ which is also published under the SIL OFL.

Looks like there is work to be done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

IP