Yes, I respect that as already said, however this is not altering. Legally it is adding. Now I am not familiar with US system but here in Slovenia it can not be restricted, since it is of no use without our letters, it is like a car without wheels. And many font styles do unfortunately the same. They discriminate Slavic (and moreover Arabic ...) languages, which were centuries ago spread to more than a half of European continent. Now some guys from USA created computers without ever thinking about something else as Germanic or Romance alphabets and we have to suffer that also in 2012 almost on every step: UTF is not supported. This is really frustrating.
So as much as I respect your work, I still can not feel else but frustrated. You can use all fonts, however I can use one third of them. In our era this is pure discrimination. The law which prohibit adding our functionality is therefore against our democratic principles and hence a pure discriminative manipulation.
You might answer that the author has the right not to allow this set to be used for our characters but how would I feel then?
Of what use would such a decision be? Oh wait he maybe wants us to buy a version with my characters, where you can use yours free? It is not in the sense of EU democratic standards.

Sorry to be rude, pardon my English, but this way you can maybe better understand where my cynicism derives from

Anyways I already contacted the author both through mail and Twitter, but his autoreply was convincing. He will for 99% not be able to answer until mid of sept. My intention was not to publish that, but to respect his authorship, solely to test it.
Because there is a big possibility that this would not do. You seem to be sure that the webfont altered in this way would display correctly?
Hope you are wright! Thanks again!