Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Verifying my site to google

I am trying to verify my site to google, but am having troubles. It offers me a variety of ways, but I'm new to design, so I'm not understanding much of anything. If I want to verify using a meta tag, where would I put it? I'm using Web Designer 6.0 to build my site. Thanks.

skippi4

Default Re: Verifying my site to google

WD6 Method

1. Create a rectangle (actually it can be any object) to become a placeholder and position it on the pasteboard.
    2. Right click it and select "Names" from the pop-up menu.
    3. Name it <head> (angle brackets included and don't forget to hit "add").
    4. go to Web Properties >> placeholder >> Body Code and insert the Meta Tag code.
    5. Hit OK and APPLY and you are good to go.

An easy way :
    Download/save the google verification code given to you, which will look something like this google41110f192f96c723.html
    Save it the folder where all your exported website files are. I make a folder for each site I make, and call it WebExport.
    Upload the verification code
    I use Filezilla to upload files onto the server. I login to filezilla with the user and password for the site, and then within Filezilla I open the WebExport folder for the site. Inside the folder will be the google verification code. Just right click on it and upload.
    Return to google, and verify by clicking on the link given to you. All done!
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Thank you both very much. the suggestions were helpful. I'm sorry for the delay in responding.