Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Line Chart Construction?

As a relative newcomer to Designer Pro, If I want to show a series of line charts in a presentation, is there any easier way than constructing them 'inside' the graph page? I have them produced in Excel also.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Line Chart Construction?

If you are using Designer Pro X (the newest version) have a look inside the Designs Gallery > Page Elements > Chart Widgets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charts.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	91533  

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I'm using Designer Pro 7 and the widgets contained in there don't appear to contain anything relating to charts.

Try formating your table in Excel, Save As, and choose either to save the sheet as a PDF or XPS and import it.

Once on the page, you will find some clipped groups. You can elect to unclip and group the remainder. The tables and charts saved out as PDF are scalable in XDP.

Take care, Mike

i thought you could just copy and paste from excel, you can from libreoffice (which opens xls & xslx)
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks Guys; That works OK Mike, but for more functionality I guess I need the widget Gary was alluding to but that doesn't seem to be available for Designer Pro 7?

Hi Frank,

Yes, one can copy and paste from OO, LO and Office. The results for me have not always been as nice as simply generating the PDF. For instance, out of Office 2010, there will be all the cell lines even if one does not have them defined in the spreadsheet. With charts, there can be misplaced lines, etc.

Take care, Mike

Mike that can also happen when a line is misplaced when saving as PDF especially if there is a table included with the chart. I always start with a copy & paste, then move to PDF and if those two fail I go with a high res .tiff.
    Design is thinking made visual.