Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up How to insert Audio files in xara

How do i insert audio files in xara webpage.And which audio file extension does xara support. Anytime i try to insert the audio, it tells me that the file is not supported by xara.

Default Re: How to insert Audio files in xara

Sandex - I moved your thread to the Xara Web Design Chat. Your post was moderated in the feedback forum and so only a moderator could see your post. Sorry it took me so long to spot that and move your post.

Hi

I've done this several ways...the easiest if to use a widget, which you can access from the designs gallery. I used the Magix widget. You'll need to register as a user/create a password etc (your audio will be uploaded to the host area, and you can use any format .wav or .mp3 etc). Have a look at this website I created: http://www.voiceovers4free.com/

The other way is to create a placeholder, and use a simple bit of 'embed' code. You can find this by searching google. You'll then need to to put the audio in a folder on the ftp server; mp3 requires less space, but you can use web. Here's an example of the code: <EMBED SRC="sounds/episode4.mp3" WIDTH="170" HEIGHT="25" AUTOSTART="false" LOOP="false"> where 'sounds' was the folder living on the ftp, 'episode4.mp3' was the sound file living in that folder. The audio will then play on the viewers default audio player e.g. windows mediaplayer, quicktime etc. AUTOSTART="false" means the viewer has to click to listen which is preferable!

All the best
    Chris

You can just drag an MP3 file onto the page and Xara creates a player with basic controls and the option to start playing as the page opens or not.
    I should mention that this is with Designer MX or Web Designer MX as far as I know.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	91536