Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: site problem?

Default site problem?

I've produced a small web site for a solicitors at www.stratfordsolicitors4you.com.
    It looks ok when viewed in Chrome, Firefox, IE etc at my end but the client says when she opens it in either Chrome or Firefox she can't see any or all of the pages.
    I've tested it on a number of PCs and an ipad without issue but she still maintains it cant be opened correctly. Can someone, anyone, open it and tell me if it seems ok, particularly the contact form page.
    Its been designed by a committee so I think its rather uninspiring but just getting it to work at the moment is the priority, until I know if its me or the client who's inept I can't rest.

Derek
    Last edited by masque; 14 August 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Default Re: site problem?

Hi Derek, all pages are viewable from my galaxy phone:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    Hi Derek, all pages are viewable from my galaxy phone:-)
    Thanks for looking. I have to say everything I've looked at it on seems fine too but until I can convince the client I can't let it rest.
    Derek

Hi, Derek. I just looked at the site in Firefox 14 and Opera 12 on my desktop computer running Windows 7 64-bit. The site worked fine in both browsers.

Hi Derek

looks ok to me

the enquiry form will not work if javascript is not allowed for the site url or jotformeu.com;

worth making sure the client has cleared cache?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Also, what browser versions is your client using? And what OS? There may or may not be a factor.

I previewed the link in FF and Chrome without a problem.

Hi Derek.

I can view the whole site (all the pages) without any problems in FireFox and Safari on a MacBook.

I have also checked the web site in IE8 in Windows 7 in Virtual Windows.
    No problems found here.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Checked on my pc with opera, chrome, firefox and ie and it is fine, on my laptop with all those browsers plus safari and again no problems.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Derek ask your client if she is using an in house network and if so ask her to have the network technician allow access to the website through their firewall.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I clicked on the url in ff and ie and i got a blank page so i clicked view source and i get this

Code:
    <html>     <head>         <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">         <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://sedoparking.com/registrar/dopark.js"></script>     </head>     <body style="display: none;">         <script type="text/javascript">             function getParam() {                  var query = window.location.search.substring(1);                  var vars = query.split("&");                  for (var i=0;i<vars.length;i++) {                     var pair = vars[i].split("=");                     if (pair[0] == 'domain') {                           return pair[1];                     }                   }                   return  window.location.host;             };                          var reg = 'sedopark',                 domain = getParam();                          document.write( '<scr'+'ipt type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://sedoparking.com/' + domain + '/' + reg + '/park.js"><\/scr' + 'ipt>' );         </script>     </body> </html>
    looks like your problem is sedoparking, dns related and nothing to do with your design
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.