Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Slideshow

Default Photo Slideshow

Hi There,

I need to add a photo slideshow for 3 images.

I would like to use a fade on all images but I just want the images without the nav buttons / Spots.

Can that be done?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Photo Slideshow

Have a look at this http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest71/

It's pretty easy to create your own in the Animation window. This creates a Flash slide show which you can then add to the page via a placeholder (Website Properties > Placeholders > Replace with Flash).

All iOS and mobile devices do not support Flash. If this is a consideration, then I like to use Visual Slide Show http://visualslideshow.com/ which displays in all browsers and all mobile devices. I used it to create the animation here www.custom-stereograms.com but you can also create a simple fade slide show as well.

Getting the slide show into Xara is a little tricky, but if you decide to go this route, let us know and we can fill you in on how to add the slide show to your site.

Hi Gary,

If Steve doesn't want to know how to put in "Visual Slide Show" then I would like to know how to get this working.

Thanks in advance.
    Bert

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded the free vesion so if you could guide me through adding to my page I'd appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Ha! there you are I think I just had a senior moment see here in case it helps

There is always this, (I forgot ) http://xara-users.info/demos/fadein-slideshow/index.htm on Xara Users.

OK. To use the Visual Slide Show, create your slide show and publish it to a folder (I create a folder on my desktop). An index.html file is created along with two two folders, Data and Engine. These two folders need to be copied to your website root directory.

Open the index.html file with a text editor such as notepad. Copy the script from the Head section (start with the line <!-- Start VisualSlideShow.com HEAD section -->. On the page that will contain your slide show in Xara, open Website Properties > Page. Click the HTML code (Head) button and paste the text in this window. Press OK.

Copy the Body portion of the HTML document, click the HTML code (Body) button and paste the body text here. Press OK.

The slide show is contained in the two folders along with the images. The two areas of HTML code reference the two folders.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 29 July 2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Wrong info on Nivo Slider

More stuff for Visual Slide Show.

In the General section, un-check Show Captions, Show Controller, and Show Loader.

If you don't want thumbnails, un-check Enable Thumbnails in the Thumbnails section.

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies.

I'll have a go at implementing them.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Gary for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There is always this, (I forgot ) http://xara-users.info/demos/fadein-slideshow/index.htm on Xara Users.

OK. To use the Visual Slide Show, create your slide show and publish it to a folder (I create a folder on my desktop). An index.html file is created along with two two folders, Data and Engine. These two folders need to be copied to your website root directory.

Open the index.html file with a text editor such as notepad. Copy the script from the Head section (start with the line <!-- Start VisualSlideShow.com HEAD section -->. On the page that will contain your slide show in Xara, open Website Properties > Page. Click the HTML code (Head) button and paste the text in this window. Press OK.

Copy the Body portion of the HTML document, click the HTML code (Body) button and paste the body text here. Press OK.

The slide show is contained in the two folders along with the images. The two areas of HTML code reference the two folders.

I am using xwd7 and I am trying to implement a slideshow into my site using Visual Slide Sow and the method you have described above. I get stuck at the point - Click the HTML code (Head) button and paste the text in this window where you say to copy

There is no HTML code (HEAD) button only a (BODY) button.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?