Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default page links not working in Chrome

I just noticed that my links on a page are not working in Chrome but they work in FF and IE. Any idea what is going on? See http://precisionmarbleinc.com/products.htm
    jgt

Default Re: page links not working in Chrome

Seems to work for me in Chrome. Did you refresh the screen (F5 or Ctrl + F5)

The Company link does not appear to be working correctly however in Chrome. The drop down is way to the left.

I have no idea why this is happening.

Aesthetically, I don't care for the red highlight state of the buttons. It is too jarring and inelegant considering the quality of the products you are displaying. Something softer and subtler would be more appropriate in my opinion.

Works for me too in Chrome. I agree with Gary that the buttons' bright red highlights clash with your overall design.

OK something is broken within Chrome on my PC (I checked my other systems and all is OK on them), it is strange in that page links work for me on other websites or at least the ones I tried (on the PC that has the Chrome issue). The menu at precision marble does work in Chrome for me, it is just the links on the page that present a problem for me.

I agree that the drop down for the Company link is way off to the left in Chrome. I'm using DHTMLMenu to create the menu. I don't remember why I went with this rather than using what is provided in XWD v8 (I have the latest code installed). I have contacted the company (*******) for DHTMLMenu and they gave me a suggestion but it was above my head and I've not figured it out or followed up with another question to them. This drop down issue is unique to Chrome, e.g. it works in FF, WaterFox and IE I have not tested in other browsers.

Per your suggestion I changed the highlight colors in the menu, hopefully for the better. Thanks for your suggestion.
    jgt

You could always recreate the buttons in Xara. It's a bit of an effort but well worth it if you ask me (which you did not )

OK I started to take a look at creating the menu in XWD8 and after watching a few videos and trying to find what I needed in the help file I was very upset and had to give up for now. I could not determine what I needed to do to start the darn menu.
    jgt

Hi JGT

You have some scripts on your page, does it solve the problem when they are removed ?

I can test later this week and see if the scripts are the issue but currently I don't think this is the problem mainly because the scripts have been present since I created the site and it worked until very recent. Also others have reported that it works in Chrome and I've verified this on my other PCs. Currently I'm super busy with other higher priority items.

Currently I have other issues.
    1) I cannot find the documentation to create a navbar. I copied the nav bar from the XWD8 introduction.xar file, pasted on a new test page and made text and link changes. I can see the test page when I use the "Preview current page" button in the toolbar but when I publish the page it does not appear on the site.
    2) in the copied navbar it has a green background that I cannot change.
    3) in the video I watched it was stated that in the bottom right corner of the Navigation Bar Properties window I would have a "Menu style" button but my button states "Pop-up menu style"
    jgt

See if this helps. I recreated the buttons from your current site. The file buttons.web has a functioning button bar.

The file Starter Button has a single button that you can use to create a new Nav Bar for your website.

The drop down buttons use the Menu Style options. If you want to replicate your current Nav bar you will need to do this with layers. If you need help doing this we can help.

OK I have success on a couple of issues
    1) I can now publish the page. In the "Page & Layer Gallery" I had the test-menu.htm page as my first page, I moved it down to appear after the index.htm page now when I publish the page is published. See http://precisionmarbleinc.com/test-menu.htm for my current effort.

Is it correct to assume that any page positioned before the index page will NOT get published?

2) I finally found the help section about creating a navbar and have done so on the test-menu page. I now have three different menus on this test page and I'm trying to work through various issues. The big one is the learning curve for the navbars, most likely I'm the real issue.

Open issue + new issues
    1) I left the navbar from the introduction.xar file and I still don't know how to change the green background.
    2) The links in the new navbars (both on test-menu) at the first level don't work for me in Chrome on my desktop (this is the system I've first had the Chrome issue) but they do work on my other PCs thus the issue is really Chrome on my desktop.
    jgt