Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Outside in with Designer Pro 8 or Web Designer Premium 8?

I've been looking at the rather lovely carousels and slide show galleries from FlashComponents. In particular -

http://www.flashcomponents.net/compo...w-gallery.html

What I'd like to know is would it be possible to integrate packages from this company with websites made using Xara? Is there a way to do this editing from inside version 8 products, or would this require a bit of hand editing of the relevant page within an external program such as the mighty Dreamweaver?

Thanks,

Nathan

Default Re: Outside in with Designer Pro 8 or Web Designer Premium 8?

Hi Nathan

It depends on the final output. But I would think it certainly is possible. If the slide show is a simple .swf file then absolutely. If the slideshow generates an index.html page then you may have to do some additional editing, usually copying some of the Head and Body portions of the index document and pasting it into the appropriate page head and body sections in website properties. But it should be doable.

Default Re: Outside in with Designer Pro 8 or Web Designer Premium 8?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It depends on the final output. But I would think it certainly is possible.
    Great, so at worst it's a matter of popping the appropriate code into the appropriate page. That is how I hoped it would be, but thought best to check that nothing would be messed up. I'm thinking of what would happen if, at some point, I wanted to alter the Xara created page which then contained extra non-Xara material. Would Xara display this within its editor?

It would be nice if, in future, there was an easy way to import external code/ java script, etc.

Nathan