hi
I have inherited a Xara created website for a charity that I am volunteering for.
I do not have Xara, but have coded in simple html for some years.
I want to do some basic changes to several pages to direct visitors to a blog (wordpress is easier for the other volunteers involved to update regularly)
I have found that there is SOOOOO much excess coding in each page that the merest change of plain text throws the whole page out of kilter.

I thought I had sorted it.. and had successfully created and uploaded a simple page that included the main design of the site, with basic text content, and hoped I could just change the content to make up the relevant few pages.
And I hoped that I could change a few out of date words on other pages and all would be well until a full new site can be created in months hence.
But when I try today -- whoosh all the formatting disappears and the page is garbled..

Is there some kind soul who could help me with this ?
I am clearly missing something VERY simple and straightforward for those of you familiar with the software.

I have tried editing in Seamonkey whcih was initially successful but have also tried in notepad to avoid any conflict with software.

As it is not my own website, I would prefer not to splash the site all over here if someone with the skills could offer to look at it privately that would be fantastic.