Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Hide elements

Default Hide elements

Hi there,

I have a page with a main image on it and some hover areas.
    When I hover over some text I popup a layer, is there a way to popup my layer but hide other layers and change the main image.
    When I mouse off the text put every thing back as it was.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Hide elements

Well your pop up layers should only cover the content on the page and the other pop up layers should not be visible until you trigger them.

If you need to, create a rectangle the size of your largest pop up image and add this to each layer and fill it with your background color. This will block whatever is under the pop up layer.

I like to use the Website Properties > Mouse-Over > Show Pop Up Layer option. Link your trigger text and/or image this way and the pop up layer will appear on mouse over.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are thinking along the same lines as me.

Any idea on changing the main image for a new one at the same time I show the popup?

Best regards,

Steve.

Hi There,

How can I hide a popup when I hover over a different object that has its own popup.

Best Regards,

Steve.

Use the Mouse-Over link option. If goes away as soon as the mouse moves off the pop up or over another trigger.

I have used this a lot on my own website www.gwpriester.com on the home page (mouse over the buttons) and on the individual gallery pages (mouse over the thumbnails - Each larger image is on its own layer).

Hi Steve

Do you want the pop-up layer to appear underneath the triggering object ? If so this will not be easy with multiple layers. when a pop-up is triggered it remains open until the mouse leaves the newly popped up object area. With the layer stacking order being fixed it makes your idea difficult to implement. As you've already realised we're going to need some way of closing a layer on MouseOut or changing the stacking order. I suspect this will need some scripting (not my strong point) or a HTML/CSS solution (fiddly) I'll have a go when I get some time and see what I can come up with.

Attached is an example of how close we can get with Xara alone (close but not close enough)
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's easier with click to pop-under
    Attached Files Attached Files

This will also work with Mouse-Over links. Nice solution.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.

I'll check out the demos and see if I can follow.

Best Regards,

Steve.