Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website Tilable Background Image not publishing to online website

Alright I give. I've had a background image on my websites for the past few years using Xara web designer programs. I did something to my website while trying out Designer Pro X. Now my background image isn't publishing to my online website. I have about 25 pages to my website. I might have clicked something in some of the new functions. But I make a change on my index page and it updates the page background characteristics. Like being a locked layer etc. But my website has no background image when it goes online. my website address is http://www.nextlevelairbrush.com I think I uploaded a sample image of my "Designer" work area for this file. I'm using Designer Pro 7. Any help would be much appreciated. Thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sampleimage.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	91191  
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Default Re: Website Tilable Background Image not publishing to online website

It may be that the image was on the pasteboard layer (now missing)

DP7 makes regular backups by default, check file >> open recent >> backups

Looks fine with the black background (IMHO). But look in the Bitmap Gallery and see if the background image is still there.

If so you should be able to hold down the Ctrl key and drag and drop it onto the pasteboard or page.

Well, you might not believe this, but I just lost my entire website. I got an error message, and then it said the file is empty. Wow! I don't know the last time I backed my computer up. Probably about 3 months ago. Can I take each of the files that was last exported and rebuild my website. This is the strangest thing I've ever seen in the past 4 years of working with Xara. Well, I've got to work away from the studio next week, so I guess I'll work on it when I get back in town. The website is still online, but just doesn't have a background image. Well, its not like the phone is ringing off the hook anymore here in america. Oh I need a drink and a tranquilizer....
    I want to still be working in this program when I'm an old man sitting in my recliner.

Yes, a drink and/or trank is often the right thing. I'm with you 100%.

Since you are using Designer Pro 7, have you looked in File > Open Recent > Backups... ?

You might be pleasantly surprised to find a few workable recent backups so that you do not have to start from scratch. I cannot tell you how many times these backups have kept me off the bottle.

Oh wow! Thanks so much. I was freaking out. I found a backup of mine from last month, but I forgot about the backup files. Great idea. Wheeewww....

Heh heh. Better to drink in celebration, eh?

I didn't know about backups I see it now too thanks. I have WDPremium7 and have to admit it is very buggy and have had similar problems, an update would be nice but they seem to have abandoned it since it came out in 2011.