Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Page jumps when link is clicked

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone klnows what the issue might be with my website links. All the links in the site that points to other pages jums to the top of the page when the link is clicked. Then after a few seconds does it go to the page the link was pointing to. This creates for very confusing browsing experience. I dont know if there is a setting I am missing somewhere.

You can have a look at www.mgfx.co.za . As I said its only really the links pointing to pages on my website. The external links I have set to open in a seperate browser anyway so it does not matter for them.

Thanks

Pieter

Default Re: Page jumps when link is clicked

Not seeing that here, tested in FF & IE

BTW you might want to optimize your images. They are a little heavy.

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I know about the images and I have changed their dpi to 96. I think we might have a hosting speed issue as well.

Please review the video for a demonstration of what I am experiencing. Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30964827/We...%20Jumping.mp4

Thanks

Pieter

Now I see

Not sure what is going on but it may be related to the page transitions.

I noticed that your google+1 and facebook code is producing validation errors. It might be worth temporarily removing the code to see if it improves things.

Give that a try and we'll take it from there.

Are you using the latest Xara update ?

Using the Lumion 3d link down the home page, the wait is there and it is using some javascript for the transition and load. Using the direct menu link, it is near immediate.

I would look at the javascript being used for any delay parameter, transition speed parameter, etc.

Personally I don't see the point in the transitions, other than it is visually appealing. But if I can bypass them using the menu, then the transitions are partially defeated.

Mike

Hi thanks again for the quick reply. I did what you said and removed the FB and Google + buttons. I also changed the transition to Instant. Its still doing the same thing...

I dont know what else to try.

Pieter

Hi Pieter

You still have some link transitions enabled. There is also some FB code remaining.

Ok I dont understand... If you remove the FB button and re-upload the site does it not remove it then? How can I get rid of it completely?

Yes I have transitions on other page links pointing to pages on my site. There will be quite a lot of them. Must I remove them one by one?

Definitely still there, must be another placeholder somewhere.

Code:
    <div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) {   var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];   if (d.getElementById(id)) return;   js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;   js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";   fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
    The transitions are most likely the cause, try removing them from just the home page and see if that works first.

Edit: The page transitions were introduced mainly for presentations
    Last edited by Drwyd; 30 July 2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Additional info

Thanks for the help! It turned out to be the transitions.

I left the FB button in there and it seems to work also. You mentioned that you pick up an issue with the FB code. Whats the best way to add the FB button to you pages?

Once again thanks for the help. The page is now much better to surf.

Pieter