Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Same error message

Hi, Hope I have posted in the right section. My first time on this forum.

Have updated my Xara yesterday after message appeared and since then each action results in same or similar error message, any ideas what it could be?
    Am using Windows 7 on desk top.

' An internal program error 517.w.re.ry'
    Error message appears whether I download a template, add an item to the template, update a current website that I have already designed etc

'An internal program error 428.w.re.ry'
    This message appears when I open up Xara

'An internal program error 339.w.re.ry'
    This one occurs when closing.

Puzzled.

Thanks any help appreciated

Linda

Default Re: Same error message

Welcome to TalkGraphics Linda

I am not sure if this will help, but try closing the program, then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

This either will or will not work and you only need to do it once.

Let us know.

I dont get an option to run as administrator.

Its extremely irritating as every time I action anything these messages appear..what do they mean? It was fine till I updated to 8.1.2

Although I did get many error messages before but not like this, and not with every action, didn't make note of them but they were always internal error probs and the software continued to work...

Linda the error codes only mean something to the developer who's code is being affected. As users of the application we cannot decypher the errors.

You say you did not get an option to run as administrator. Did you RIGHT BUTTON click on the desktop icon? The LEFT BUTTON does not bring up a menu. What verssion of Windows are you using? Do you have the mouse buttons reversed?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

To add...if the icon you are right-click on in Windows 7 (if that's what you are using) is on the task bar, it does not present the proper menu of choices. You need to click the Start menu, open the appropriate Xara application folder, hover over the Xara application icon and right-click over it to be presented with the option to Run as Administrator.

Take care, Mike

It will be interesting to see if running the program as administrator (right click program shortcut > Run as Administrator) cures this or not.

If not could you submit a support ticket for Xara tech support team at http://support.xara.com so they can assist you further in investigating this problem. It would be useful to them if you include a link to this thread in your ticket submission.

thanks, my fault I have now tried it as 'run as administrator'.
    Error message still comes up and now when i tried using mask, it ran out of memory and error message Internal Program error 6556.n.no.nd came up. Could not get rid of error message re out of memory so had to use Task manager to shut it down.
    Have submitted problem to Xara as suggested.
    Thank you very much for helping!
    ps using Windows 7.....

I got a response from Xara:

The short answer is that there's something wrong with the Registry on this computer, and these error are a result of Xara not being able to write to the registry correctly. So that suggests some install corruption, something fundamentally broken with Windows, or some software interfering with our software updating the registry. Not been reported before as far as we can see, so this is not a known problem.

May have to be Monday before we can find out anything more.

Linda when was the last time you rebooted your computer. I reboot each of mine at least once a day although I know some people that think they should never reboot. Rebooting cleans out a lot of miscellanious trash left in memory that can cause errors.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi !
    Right we have uninstalled Xara, removed any directories, then rebooted. Downloaded a new copy from Xara website and then turned off anti virus right clicked an installed as administrator. Once installed we right clicked and ran as administrator with no errors and then re-enabled anti virus and it seems to be problem solved!....will let you know if it starts again... (hopefully not!)