Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mouse over problems

It does work
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK Here's your problem (I have no idea what drwyd is talking about, but I have to assume he is correct on a much higher level).

Your buttons are A) not the same size, and B) not soft grouped. The soft group is not essential.

I made a duplicate of your mouse over button and pasted it on the mouse off layer. I went into solo mode to work just on the Mouse Off layer (Page and Layer Gallery, click the S icon on the MouseOff layer). I stipped out the outline (not needed) on the rounded rectangle, removed the bevel, the transparent shape, the shadow, everything but the button shape and the text.

I made the button shape white and grouped the button shape with the text.

In solo mode for the Mouse Over state, I grouped all the mouse over button objects.

Then I went out of solo mode, made all layers visible and selected the MouseOff and MouseOver buttons and applied a Soft Group.

I added a link (#) to test the button and the mouse over works.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Drwyd's file works for me too.

One note. You have used a font called Tall Paul which is not a web standard font and will not display properly on computers that don't have this font installed. Either convert the font to a bitmap, group the font (which will force it to export as a bitmap), or consider a web standard font.

Thanks for your help you guys. If you check out the website you'll see that it is up and working as it should be. However, I only managed this after installing MXP onto my laptop and exporting the site from there, using my original files via my home network - so the files are okay. When I check the same files on my desktop computer with a full reinstall of MXP the problem still occurs, so I have no idea what is going on. One thing I did notice was that after the install the serial number and account details were already filled in - is there a chance somewhere which may not have been removed when I removed the programme? If there is this could be holding the gremlin giving me the problems.

You still have two sets of Google Analytics code (both of which are now correctly closed)

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    You still have two sets of Google Analytics code (both of which are now correctly closed)
    Okay, I can see how that could look untidy and may even cause problems but if it were causing problems why does it only have on one computer? That is a kind of rhetorical question since the problems I am having occur in new projects also. What I meant to ask, in my previous post but typos got the better of me, was this, is there a cache (other than the one in the Web Designer folder, along with the backups) that may be preventing a clean uninstall/reinstall?

I've no idea, that would be one for the developers.