Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Mouse over problems

I've had a quick scan through the recent posts and see that I am not alone but I am starting a new post in the hope that some action happens AND FAST.

I have two sites up, both created with Web Designer MX Premium. They were both working fine until I needed to update one two days ago. MX asked me to install an update which I did. When I uploaded the changes to the site a hyperlinked index appeared in the top left corner of each page. I deleted the cahnges I had made to the site and re-uploaded. The links disappeared but now the roll-over button transitions do not work and where I have mouse-over links to new layers these no longer automatically disappear. This happens on the live site and on the preview screen in Web Designer. It has to be a problem with the software as my other live site (which I have not touched recently) has no problems on line but displays the same poblems when viewed in Web Designer. I tried repairing the software and uninstalling/reinstalling it without the update but that has not helped (I suspect there may be a cached version in my system) Next thing to try will be a system reset to before the update.

Anyone else having these NEW problems and any other ideas what to do? I sent a ticket to customer support last night but have had nothing back yet.

Default Re: Mouse over problems

Can you provide us with a link to the site?

If you have a hyperlinked index it sounds like your page names in your navigation bar got reset to the names of the pages in the Page and Layer Gallery. If you double click on the navigation bar the Navigation Bar Properties menu will open and you can change the names to whatever you want.

And do try a F5 or Ctrl F5 to reload the page in your browser. This is frequently what happens when you republish your site and the browser is using the new HTML document but loading the old images (the images get exported as numbers, 4.png, etc.) which creates a real dog's breakfast on the screen. A screen refresh or page reload (same thing as far as I can tell) often makes all right in the world again.

But then again...

Let us know.

http://www.designworks-edinburgh.com

The .web file has been sent to Xara support.

I just sent a message to Xara and they asked me to let you know that they are looking into this. So stay tuned.

Nice site, by the way. Fun and creative design.

I've been having the same problem although it has mysteriously repaired itself The only thing that I have done is delete browsing data and settings in the flash manager to (successfully) cure an unrelated problem. I have no idea if the two are connected.

Drwyd, I'm not without hope but since I get the same problem on two different computers I can't see that being a cure - I'll try though.

gwpriester - you should see it when it WORKS lol

I'm sure it's even better.

How big is your web or xar file? Maybe you can attach it or upload it to YouSendIt.com and give us a download link. Xara has a very small tech support section and relies a lot on members helping members.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I'm sure it's even better.

How big is your web or xar file? Maybe you can attach it or upload it to YouSendIt.com and give us a download link. Xara has a very small tech support section and relies a lot on members helping members.
    Here is a link to the WEB file

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Q...Q3RqV0NHR3NUQw

You have GA code set in both page and website head code tabs and the latter is missing it's closing tag.

Cut from the page head code tab and paste into the website tab and you'll be good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    You have GA code set in both page and website head code tabs and the latter is missing it's closing tag.

Cut from the page head code tab and paste into the website tab and you'll be good to go
    I've done that but nothing changes in the preview, I'm still having the problem with mouse overs not work properly.

This is a list of some of the problems:
    The first one is on the logo - when you hover over the word "design" a second layer of text should appear.
    Next is the nav bar - if you go to any of the pages listed on the nav bar you will see that the button for that page is highlighted, this should happen to all buttons when you hover over them.
    On the first page, the 'footpath', each round button has an associated extra layer which should fly in when you hover over the button and then disappear when you move from the button - they come in but do not go away. This happens on other pages which employ pop-up layers for mouse overs.

That is as far as I've got - every time I look at the sight it depresses me too much to look further.

I have even tried starting a new document and adding mouse-over effects to a simple button but they don't work either.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still nothing.