Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link Request for Web Design Tutorial …

According to the XaraXone Outsider newsletter, there are 2 July tutorials. I am interested in the website creation tutorial, but cannot find it online or the link. Please provide the link for the July tutorial , which is part 2. I would also like to see part 1 from June, but likewise, cannot find the links or references to such at XaraXone.com

Any other locations of website tutorials using Web Designer MX would be helpful.

Note the mention of the above in the newsletter:

We have two useful new tutorials for you this month: Firstly Part 2 of our tutorial on creating websites, which covers some more advanced ideas such as adding news, video and social media to your site. Over on the Xara Xone Gary Bouton has created a new movie covering photo retouching in Photo & Graphic Designer or Designer Pro. Also new in the Xara Xone, how to start a font collection, 20 must have fonts and where to get them. More info below.

I found the photo retouching article and the font article, but not the website design article.

Thanks.

Default Re: Link Request for Web Design Tutorial …

Hi ArJay, Xara hosts a tutorial on their site as well as the Xara Xone. The part 2 tutorial mention in the outsider is on the Xara.com site. Click the image near the bottom of the outsider to go to the tutorial.

http://www.xara.com/us/outsider/july12/

Part 1 of the tutorial can be found on the June 2012 outsider. http://www.xara.com/us/outsider/june12/
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello ArJay, the website tutorial you are looking for isn't on the Xara Xone site, you can get to it by scrolling down near the bottom of the outsider newsletter just under the fotolia offer and you will see the featured tutorial, this is a clickable image if you click it you will go to the tutorial at Xara.com

Edit: beaten to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

In an attempt to clarify here: I don't see me covering Xara Web Designer in the near future, even though it is a Xara product, and I have nothing against covering HTML cobbling and export.

This could change. As of July 2012, there appears to be an awful lot of interest in how to use Xara to design with, "Art Lessons" as it were, covering lighting, working with photos, and what you've seen in the past 6 months with the video tutorials.

There are resources for learning how to use Web Designer and Designer Pro as an HTML generation tool, some have been listed above.

I'm trying to cover what I get requests and feedback from first.

My Best,

Gary