Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web pages display small

Hi all,
    I've just purchased Magix Exteme Web Design 5 and Xara 3D Maker 7 - this is to create a site for my wife's business.
    I been using an old version of HotMetal Pro for many years and decided to ugrade, even though what I now have may not be the latest version.

One problem I can't resolve is when testing my FTP connections, I uploaded a basic (as supplied) template, just to test the index page for the site.
    No-matter what I try, the web page displays the template in the top centre of the page at around half the screen size- that is the template does not fill the screen.

I'm probably missing something basic here, but any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Web pages display small

Hi Sandbagger, welcome to Talk Graphics.
    Could it be your browser zoom level? Goto view>> zoom >> reset.

Hi there,
    Thanks for the rapid response.
    Don't think so - internet view option is set to 100% so will show same sizes as original.

The templates supplied, when selected, open in the upper left side of the editing screen, despite what size the editing screen is set to.
    I've found that the screen size and template can be manually stretched but doing this of course messes up the template objects positions.

I was thinking the ought to be a setting somewhere in the software that sets the template to match whatever monitor size the page is being viewed on??

Just found answer on forum search - apparently the software is designed that way.
    Thanks anyway

The size my seem small because the page is static and does not resize. So in larger monitors there may appear to be a lot of background.

Or, you are working at a Zoom factor greater than 100% in which case the actual page will publishes at 100% would appear smaller.