Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Website

Default New Website

Im needing a good bit of pointers if anyone would take the time.....im kind of stumped on content or anything else needing added http://www.elitegraffix.net

Default Re: New Website

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Doesn't it seem a bit odd that you want pointers on a your website design on which you plan to offer web design services?

OK I am going to make a guess that you are just starting out in this business judging from your prices. And you have more enthusiasm at this point than skill. Is that a fair assumption.

So as someone at the far other end of the continuum here are some pointers. (Facebook, by the way, does not have a cap B)

The page lacks focus. What am I supposed to look at first? You have added lots of modules to do many different things, but when I look at the page I see a need to organize, simplify, and prioritize.

The page is almost totally lacking in color and graphics. This is not to say you need a lot, less is more, but something needs to dominate on this page and this site. If you want to be a website designer, a logo designer, an illustrator, etc. then knock my socks off.

I hope this helps, Patrick.

I think the site doesn't match the domain too well. No portfolio, no testimonials, no examples of elite graphics.

Given the services you offer and domain name, I wouldn't expect a bland site bereft of content.

Prove you can do what you say you can do.

I think you should start with nice page design that focuses on what you are selling. Don't worry about forums and modules and all that other membership and survey stuff you have going on. A simple good looking brochure style website will work and sell better than a functionally complicated website with tools and modules etc. that potential customers probably won't even be interested in. You're selling design so you really need to show that off first and foremost.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

it's cool but I think you need to change the header to a bigger one and change it's design and also make the tabs under the header little bigger.. but it's fine though

gd luck

Lacking in colours and graphic don;t like it much content is okay.

Agreed with Huda colours and graphics need to improve

Quote Originally Posted by hudafaeq View Post
    Lacking in colours and graphic don;t like it much content is okay.

Are you guys in Dubai on some sort of 2 year time delay? Every thread you respond to is at least 2 years old.

A good site may have portfolios, testimonials, details services info, blog etc.

@dubaiwebz - You're a dollar short and a day late. Many days late for that matter.

Is Dubai on some sort of time delay. All posts from Dubai members are made on ancient posts. Please try contributing to threads that are current and not just posting for the sake of posting.